Monday, October 25, 2010

Dove Evolution

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hibyAJOSW8U




The Dove Beauty Campaign has been a huge success. It stresses beauty in the everyday person, and that beauty is not defined as a super skinny model that has been airbrushed. In many of their advertisements Dove uses a variety of “models.” These models are normal women who use Dove products; they are from all races shapes and sizes. To add to their campaign, Dove made their Evolution commercial.
            The Evolution commercial shows the transformation that a model goes through before she can be deemed beautiful by the media and general public. Dove showed how photographs are digitally altered and how the model’s hair and makeup is done professionally. This commercial is a true eye-opener. Most everyone knows that advertisements and models in magazines are digitally altered through Photoshop, but it is much different to watch it happen in fast forward.  
            This commercial caught my attention because the transformation is so great. I, like many others, knew that those in magazines were not “real,” but I had never seen it first hand. Dove truly brought to my attention how much I aspire to unrealistic beauty goals. I am already a Dove body wash user, but after watching this I became more interested in the Dove Beauty Campaign. I think Dove wants their product sales to go up, but I also think they are honestly interested in changing the image of beauty and that is truly inspiring.  

No comments:

Post a Comment